March 23-26, 2020
Welcome to The 6th Asian Conference on Education & International Development (ACEID2020). This international conference encourages academics and scholars to meet and exchange ideas and views in a forum stimulating respectful dialogue. The ACEID2019 conference saw more than 200 delegates, and plenary addresses by the former UN Special Rapporteur, and the Head of the Japanese Institute for Human Rights, Yozo Yokota, as well as by representatives from JICA, and senior administrators from universities throughout the region. ACEID2020 will again afford an exceptional opportunity for renewing old acquaintances, making new contacts, networking, and facilitating partnerships across national and disciplinary borders.
In bringing together education and international development, past conferences have seen presentations on internationalising Japanese universities, education issues faced by refugees, cultural diversity in classrooms, and other interdisciplinary topics related to education and international development. In order to encourage the broadest range of submissions from diverse disciplines, the Organising Committee has decided to forego assigning a specific theme for ACEID2020, instead opting to consider anything that fits within the field of education and international development. There will be several streams, including Diversity in Global Contexts, Education & Socio-Economic Development, Education & Development: Local & Global, Public & Private Partnerships in Education, Economics & Management of Education , Literacy: Poverty & Sustainability, and Innovation & Value.
Held in partnership with the IAFOR Research Centre at the Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP) at Osaka University, ACEID2020 promises to be as exciting and informative as ever, continuing IAFOR’s efforts to engage in interdisciplinary initiatives aimed at having an important impact on domestic and international public policy conversations. It is through conferences like these that we expand our network and partners, and we have no doubt that ACEID2020 will offer a remarkable opportunity for the sharing of research and best practice, and for the meeting of people and ideas.
The Organising Committee of The 6th Asian Conference on Education & International Development (ACEID) is composed of distinguished academics who are experts in their fields. Organising Committee members may also be members of IAFOR's International Academic Advisory Board. The Organising Committee is responsible for nominating and vetting Keynote and Featured Speakers; developing the conference programme, including special workshops, panels, targeted sessions, and so forth; event outreach and promotion; recommending and attracting future Organising Committee members; working with IAFOR to select PhD students and early career academics for IAFOR-funded grants and scholarships; and overseeing the reviewing of abstracts submitted to the conference.
2020 Review Committee
- Professor James Briganti, Nagasaki University, Japan
- Dr Diobein Flores, Sto. Tomas College of Agriculture Science and Technology (STCAST), Philippines
- Dr Avitoli Kinny, Government of Nagaland, India
- Dr Imelda Macaraig, St. Mary's College, Philippines
- Dr Edna Nabua, Mindanao State University-Iligan Institute of Technology, Philippines
- Dr Kristine Newton, University of Indianapolis, United States
- Dr Marilyn Obod, Our Lady of Fatima University, Philippines
- Dr Jennifer Padua, University of Hawaii at Manoa, United States
- Dr Florentin Popescu, Han University of Applied Sciences (Arnhem Business School), Netherlands
- Dr Latra Rogers, Metropolitan State University of Denver, United States
- Dr Arianne Rourke, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Dr Lorena Taglucop, University of Science and Technology of Southern Philippines, Philippines
- Dr Randy Tudy, Cor Jesu College, Philippines
IAFOR Research Centre (IRC) – “Innovation and Value Initiative”
The IAFOR Research Centre (IRC) is housed within Osaka University’s School of International Public Policy (OSIPP), and in June 2018 the IRC began an ambitious new “Innovation and Value Initiative”. Officially launched at the United Nations in a special UN-IAFOR Collaborative Session, the initiative seeks to bring together the best in interdisciplinary research around the concept of value, on how value can be recognised, and measured, and how this can help us address issues and solve problems, from the local to the global.